Wednesday, November 3, 2010

 

Happy Birthday, Baby Girl!



Two years ago today Chloe Hazel Blevins was introduced to us as our daughter. Although she died almost 9 months ago, we still commemorate this happy day when we saw and held for the first time our precious little girl. I was anticipating a lot more tears today, but I've felt so blessed to feel peace in my heart. I know she lives on in spirit and someday will be resurrected, body and spirit united eternally. I also find comfort today knowing that Ethan and I have been married for time and all eternity, he as my husband, and our children as our children, forever. I know this through the Holy Spirit, from whom I find this comfort and peace.

Although I would have loved to throw her a birthday bash bathed in pink, have her sweet smiles and babbles wash over me, and feel her little arms around my neck, I find joy today in reflecting on the tender time we had together, the blessings of family and friends, and eagerly anticipate the time when I will be with her again.

Some of our favorites from our digital Museum of Chloe.


Just a few hours old



Our first family picture



Christmas, 2008



Chloe's Blessing Day, December, 2008



China, January-April 2009



Our all-time favorite video of her loving her favorite toy. We had this little doll buried with her.



Who can argue with that?!



Look at how proud she is!



One of her "hanging out" positions in a favorite sleeper. (Yes, she would often sleep like this.)



Posing on a tree for Uncle Bryce



She loved to babble at anything her size, even herself in the mirror!



A common expression!



Exactly one year ago



Clapping, a favorite pass-time. She never got bored of it and we never got bored of watching her!



Such a perfect toy!



Christmas, 2009



The Christmas tree had just been packed up and Chloe's enjoying the extra space.



Our last living picture of Chloe at 15 months, the night before she passed away. We were waiting for Ethan to come home from a church meeting in Seattle. Just me and Chloe that night.


Isn't she beautiful?!

Comments:
Happy birthday, Chloe! Love you, Katrina!
 
Happy Birthday, Chloe!! I will never forget that day! Kristofer picking up your mom from the airport. Amanda, Rachel and I going to Idaho Falls getting Chloe premie clothes. She was so tiny and is so beautiful!! Love you guys!
 
Maybe Chloe is sharing her birthday party with her future sibling in heaven. :)

You have been in our thoughts and prayers today! Jeremy & Emily
 
She is beautiful.. thanks for sharing her museum.. :)
Happy Birthday!
 
We sang happy birthday to Chloe yesterday. It was Maggie's suggestion (think she takes after her nana?). When we asked Enzo what he remembered about Chloe he said, "Chloe cute!" So true.
 
Happy birthday, sweet girl! Hope I get to meet you someday.
 
Those videos are just so sweet! Happy Birthday Dear Chloe.
 
Thank you all for your comments and thoughts on Chloe's birthday! It means a lot to us that she's thought of and remembered. Thank you! Thank you!
 
Yes she is SOOOO beautiful! We love you and miss you guys a lot. Thanks for sharing those precious pictures and videos with us. Love.
 
What a beautiful little girl. Happy Birthday Chloe.

I love you guys and am thinking about you. Congratulations on the pregnancy, I hope all is well.
 
Thanks for those great pictures and videos. We have been gathered around the computer thinking on Chloe. Can't wait to see you in December.
 
chloe is so beautiful. Thank you for giving us strength by sharing yours with these wonderful memories
 
Happy belated birthday Chloe! The pictures are sooo cute!! Love the videos you posted, it is so sweet to get a glimpse into that sweet personality I never had the privilege to get to know!
 
yes... she IS beautiful!! I've loved getting to know her through your blog but especially this post. Happy Birthday Chloe :)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]